At the start of any vaper’s journey, they might not be aware that there are certain ways to tailor their vape in a specific direction. Ask yourself two or three questions. Do you enjoy the super tasty flavour of your e-liquid? Do you want the satisfaction of those giant clouds of vapour? Or are you content as long as the vape is lovely and smooth? Whatever you want from your vape experience, there is an e-liquid available that is tailored to the way you vape and what you want from vaping. A good proportion of newer vapers have recently transitioned from smoking cigarettes to vaping but do not yet have the knowledge to maximise their enjoyment. This short article aims to rectify that with some essential details about the liquids in your vaping devices.
What Is E-Liquid Exactly?
Vape liquid and e-cig juice are just two of the many different terms for the clear liquid that vapers fill their devices with, and it is made up of four main ingredients. The primary components of these tasty e-liquids are as follows –
- Vegetable Glycerine (VG) – this clear liquid is derived from plant oils and used in cosmetics and foodstuffs. As a thicker substance, e-liquids with a higher VG content are designed for use in advanced vape devices with a sub-ohm coil; they produce super large vapour clouds.
- Propylene Glycol (PG) – is an organic compound used in the food and medicine industries; it is a naturally thinner liquid and ideal as a flavour carrier. E-liquids with higher levels of PG have a superb flavour and should be used in starter vape devices such as vape pens or pods.
- Food-Based Flavourings – these ingredients are the standard flavours used in food manufacturing for many different foodstuffs.
- Nicotine – the nicotine in e-liquid will be one of two different types; Freebase nicotine is the more traditional type developed using a chemical process developed by tobacco producers over 60 years ago. The other type is a newer product, Nic Salt or Salt nic; this is nicotine refined utilising a method with no harsh chemicals, e-liquids using Nic salt deliver a smoother vape to the user.
Each ingredient has characteristics that lean towards certain aspects of delivering an excellent vaping experience. Standard e-liquid used by many vapers is a great all-rounder with PG and VG mixed at a level 50/50 ratio. But other vape liquids are available mixed to tailor to certain vaping styles.
Tasty Flavours or Huge Clouds?
Your e-liquid can be tailored to produce certain ways of vaping; there are two different types of e-liquid available to the vaper. These differently combined vape juices are known by their mix ratios, as follows –
- 80/20 – this is mixed at an 80% PG 20% VG ratio and delivers excellent flavour, and a great throat hit at the expense of vapour production.
- 70/30 – as a direct opposite, it has a greater VG content to deliver a smooth vape with significantly larger vapour clouds when exhaled.
The e-liquid with a higher VG content will require the vaper to upgrade their vape device to an advanced device with a sub-ohm coil for optimum performance.
Armed with this information, you can now take your vaping journey in any direction and try different liquids to see which you prefer. Enjoy.